Saturday, June 18, 2011

Last Days in Miami June 12-14

The Sunday after my baby shower was an equally eventful day. I'm not a beach person but I really had my heart set on going & getting a few pictures of me with my pregnant belly playing in the sand. Well, that morning it would not stop raining. We were all exhausted from the party the day before and I honestly thought it wasn't going to happen.

I underestimate how awesome my family is. My aunt packed a cooler, grabbed some chairs & towels & jammed us all in her mini-van. We went to grandma's to eat & then to Macy's to shop & kill time because it really was raining cats & dogs. After we dropped off grandma, my aunt decided we'd go anyway & I'd get my picture in the sand even if it was in the rain.

Well...I'm not religious, but my mother had a beautiful sentiment regarding how things turned out. We parked at the beach, still pouring, everyone with an umbrella and I swear the minute my feet touched the sand...the rain just stopped. My mom said it was God's gift to me & my son that week.

We stayed at the beach for an hour. I even went in the water! (I'm deathly afraid & don't know how to swim). I definitely got my pictures & I have another special memory with my family. It also occurred to me to write my son's name in the sand while we were there. My cousin Gabriel did a much better job as you'll see in the pictures, as he supplemented the grooves of the sand with sea weed. I had a beautiful afternoon.


With Gabriel, my cousin

My mommy 

Belly shot with toes in the sand!

Laying down belly shot

Writing Teth Adam in the sand

My son's name with my feet ^_^

Teth Adam is from Yami written by Gabriel

Yes, I am THAT scared of the water :)

Playing with my cousin

He REALLY enjoyed the beach!

With my mommy again :)

My last two days in Miami were pretty relax, me at my mom's house & a few visits from friends. I'm hoping this entry puts me back up to date. :) I hope everyone has enjoyed the pictures & reading about my Miami adventures!

1 comment:

  1. i would just like to point out that you have 100 days left in your countdown today! ahh.

    ReplyDelete