Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Baby Shower! (Miami June 11)

Anyone who has been following me on twitter is familiar with the ups & downs that I've had about my baby shower. From not wanting one, to trying to plan it myself in NYC, to being completely depressed about my family missing out on it to just saying F* it & flying to Miami so that my aunt could throw one for me. Even when that was settled I created drama over food, decorations, games, guest list and CAKE. I think we all remember my vegan cake/cupcake issues. But I'm happy to say that it ALL turned out wonderfully!

My aunt did a lovely job with the decorations & party favors, the food was delicious (that of which I was able to eat of course), the cake was gorgeous even though I wasn't able to taste it and my friends & family were all there which is what mattered to me the most. :)

My banner :)

Party favors/games table

My beautiful (but non-vegan) cake

Half dozen vegan chocolate cupcakes just for me ;)

With my mommy <3
My baby shower was the same day as my mommy's birthday & DH's sister had turned 16 the day before. We had a triple celebration! I don't have all of the pictures yet but we played baby shower bingo, everyone cut a piece of string trying to guess the size of my belly (everyone also tried to cheat by hugging me prior to the game!) and the one I probably had the most fun with was that we couldn't say the word "baby". A lot of people, especially Elsa, DH's sister, had great strategy for getting people to mess up and she ultimately won the game. :)

My family <3 Grandma, mom, auntie & cousin

Another family shot :)

Two of my best friends Barbie & Griselda

About to enjoy my cupcake!

Mom always taking a picture of me eating. That's my friend Natalie from high school, so thankful she went! 

Opening gifts! That's a baby einstein turtle, so cute. 

Singing happy birthday to my mom & SIL

Family & friends :)

My friends poking Teth Adam the whole night ;)

Dancing with my mom
Those are the main pictures I have from my camera. Luckily my mom & Elsa helped a lot taking pics with my camera, the rest are on my aunt's friend's camera so I am anxiously awaiting those! She's the one who captured us playing the games & me with the rest of the guests who were able to go.

I feel bad because about 30 people had RSVPd yes but only half showed up so my aunt had a lot of leftover food & party favors. But honestly, those who did go are all people who truly love me, people I've known for years & I'm just so thankful that they were there to help make my shower such a special memorable day.

Perhaps the only awkward thing of the day was that everyone was talking to my belly for EXTENDED periods of time, Lol. You all know I love getting belly rubs (from people I know anyway) but everyone was trying to motivate Teth Adam to kick or punch so they could feel him. It was sweet, but still awkward. :)

The baby shower started around 3pm and didn't finish til around midnight. It was a very typical hispanic shower with mojitos, presidente beer & tequila shots. I even danced reggaeton with my mom! It was an unforgettable day and I have no regrets of the path that led me there. :)


**EDIT**

I finally received pictures from my aunt's friend Bobbie's camera. She was an amazing help throughout the baby shower and I'm extremely thankful! Here are a few pics of people measuring my belly. :)

My grandma 

She was sad she didn't win ^_^

My auntie

Also not the winner

My mom (who cheated by the way!)

And she still did not win!

My SIL was the closest & won :)




2 comments:

  1. Aw that looks like a wonderful celebration! So glad you had a happy, fun day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was quite possibly the longest day I've had in my pregnancy. Woke up early & went to bed crazy late with no naps in between! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete