Thursday, June 16, 2011

Miami June 8-10

I'm not typically a nervous flyer. I have flown by myself on a few occasions & as long as I have some kind of entertainment I'm okay. However, something about flying while pregnant made me lose sleep the night before taking this trip. I did a lot of meditating to reduce stress & anxiety & even listened to my hypnobirthing tracks on the plane to stay in a state of serenity.

Once I landed, my mom was waiting for my in the airport. From the moment we greeted each other, we were glued at the hip the whole week!

Me & Mommy (grandma in the back!)
The first three days of the trip were mostly family focused. Wednesday & Thursday I spent the whole day with my mom, visited my grandma, got to see my aunt & cousin, even chatted up some of the neighbors. A few hours after landing on Wednesday we went to Whole Foods so that I could do my vegan grocery shopping, which I'm thrilled to say my mom actually ate all my cooking this time!

At Whole Foods with a vegan cookie, yum!

First time seeing my auntie since being preggers :)

Eating a vegan cold-cut sandwich at my grandma's

My 9yo cousin who's already my height!

It was amazing to see my family. My mom & my grandma I had just seen for Mother's Day here in NYC but it was of course wonderful to see them again. Seeing everyone else though was so much fun because  I got a lot of belly rubs & belly pokes. Seeing their faces when they saw my belly for the first time was just priceless. 

Thursday was the calmest day. I stayed home with my mom, just the two of us. I helped her with some laundry, her aunt, who I've always called grandma, stopped by to see me & we really just spent the day talking. Oh yeah, and she had me "model" around the apartment, hehee. 

Helping with laundry

Modeling on the couch

Showing off her new tv

My "grandma"

Sitting on my mom's lap 

Friday we went to my aunt's house since that is where the baby shower was going to be held the following day. We helped her finish up the decorations & started prepping the food. By "we" I of course mean everyone but me. I played with Gabriel (my cousin) on the Wii & he taught me how to play Yankee Doodle on the piano. :)

Playing Rock Band

Playing piano

With my auntie's hubby & his parents

Last modeling pose at my mommy's house

That about wraps up my first 3 days in Miami. Lots of quality time with my family. Next entry will be all about my baby shower!! I hope to post that one soon. Choosing what pictures to post will be difficult, there are so many to choose from! :)










3 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous in these pictures prego mama! Looks like a great time you had with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks!! I really did. I have over a thousand pictures on my camera from the week, not including those that other people took. Yikes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL PREGNANT!!!

    ReplyDelete