Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy April Fools' Day!

What better day to finally announce that I'm pregnant on my facebook page than on April Fools' Day! After yesterday's disappointment of not getting my sonogram, I realized that I had put off doing a lot of things such as telling the rest of my friends because I wanted to make sure everything was ok.

Well, everything IS o.k and I decided I didn't want to wait any longer. I thought of a cute way to come out and say it, since I didn't just want to blurt out "I'M PREGNANT!" That's all I've been doing since I found out and I really wanted to try something creative this time. :)

Here's what I posted as my status a few minutes after midnight:

Look who came to visit! Dropped off a gift that says "Fragile: Do Not Open Til October 12, 2011" ♥

So far one friend commented asking me if I really was, then I guess she realized what day it was and said she wasn't going to fall for it. Another friend who already knows that I really am pregnant said that she loved it and my aunt, who also clearly knows the truth, wrote in asking if it was an April Fools' prank. 

No one else seems to have taken the bait but that's ok, I'm having a lot of fun with it! My plan is to post a picture of my 7 week sonogram a little after midnight to confirm that I am in fact expecting a little bundle of joy. :)

Two years ago, I got my mom by calling and saying I was pregnant. I went along with it for a few minutes, telling her that I wanted to wait until I was sure before I told her and that the doctor confirmed I was 8 weeks along. She started crying (happy tears) and I felt so bad that I had chosen that as my prank that I haven't fooled her since! At least today I get to tell people I'm pregnant without having to yell "April Fool!" afterwards. 

Hope that everyone has enjoyed their April Fools' Day and if you fell for a prank, don't take it seriously! Just run out and prank somebody else right back. ^_^

P.S-Happy Birthday to one of my best friends in the whole world. Barbie, you're everyone's favorite April Fool. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment