Thursday, March 31, 2011

"Don't Worry" Letter to Peanut

Dear Peanut,

Mommy is very sorry that she has been crying so much today. It's not your fault and I hope I have not made you sad or worried by my emotional state. Mommy really really really wanted to see you today and was very disappointed when I was told that I'll have to wait two more months.

Your great-grandfather passed away one year ago today which also has me on a bit of a roller coaster. He was a special character but I am sure he would have been thrilled to meet you and would have spoiled you rotten. I am always celebrating the joy of having you and remembering where I was a year ago today makes you so much more special. I love you so much my little peanut and my tears today are just a reflection of overwhelming love.

Daddy was very good at comforting me today even though I know he was also sad that he didn't get to see you. He wouldn't have woken up so early and held an umbrella over me on this cold, yucky rainy day to get to the sonogram place if he hadn't been as excited as me!

I hope you heard my comforting whispers and felt my caresses today and that I didn't scare you too much. We love you and I know we'll get to see your beautiful face soon.

I  Love You Peanut,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment