Thursday, February 24, 2011

First Sonogram 2/23

Yesterday was by far the most exciting day of our pregnancy. We learned that I am actually only 7 weeks pregnant making the new EDD October 12th. There are no words to express how I felt when I heard peanut's heart beat. I wish I had asked the nurse to hear it for a little longer, it all just happened so fast!

We waited almost an hour to be seen; long enough for Hubby to even take a little nap. I had the need to tinkle but didn't say anything because I had read that a full bladder helps with the contrast when you're doing an early sonogram. Luckily I did not have an accident while the nurse examined me! The gel was cold which I knew to expect thanks to seeing it on movies, but the nurse didn't warn me so it did catch me slightly off guard.

The whole sonogram was done in under 5 minutes. I saw the nurse as she measured peanut and tried to get a good picture for us to take home. She asked me to hold my breath which is when I heard the heart beat at 146bpm. It was difficult to hold my breath once I heard peanut's heart beat because I was fighting back the tears. I hope to learn to add pictures to this blog so that I can share that with you all. :)

I keep staring at the picture and am still in a little bit of shock that we are pregnant. My next sonogram is in 5 weeks. I hope to have more to share before then. ^_^

There's our little peanut <3
                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment