Tuesday, March 1, 2011

8 Weeks Pregnant = Morning Sickness?

I am 8 weeks pregnant today! I thought I was one of the lucky ones. Everyone kept asking me from the day I found out I was pregnant if I had been getting nauseous, having aversions to specific foods or weird cravings. I would grin from ear to ear and say "No! I feel perfectly normal!" Well that all changed the past few days.

Apparently my "morning sickness" is more like "evening sickness". I'm not throwing up as much as just getting extremely nauseous making it difficult for me to fall asleep. Though I must admit, once I'm asleep I am completely knocked out (except for the 3 or 4 times I get up to tinkle).

So yeah, being pregnant is so much fun! I can't be around chocolate. Chocolate. I can't even say the word without throwing up in my mouth a little bit. Gross, I know, but clearly this baby is not a chocolate lover like I am...or once was. It's the one thing that will without a doubt make me sick.

As far as cravings, I haven't been able to determine if these count or not, but I get hungry every few hours and when it's time for a snack I always go for tomatoes and cucumbers. Or grapes. Mmm, grapes. Anyone who knows me knows that even now as a vegan, I hardly ever go for the fruits & veggies first. But baby wants greens and sweets from fruits so that is what baby gets!

I suppose I am one of the lucky ones. My baby doesn't like chocolate, which the way I consume it couldn't possibly be healthy, and asks for nutritious things like apples & sometimes even things that I'm not too fond of like broccoli. I have actually lost a few pounds in the past few weeks (not that I am trying to). I've made a point to walk as much as I can. I get off early on the train and use other tricks like that and I manage to walk 30-60 minutes a day.

Daddy-to-be is very supportive, even when I have to ask him to eat in a different room because I just can't stand the smell. >.<

The most important thing for me right now is to be healthy. Healthy mommy equals healthy baby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment