Friday, March 18, 2011

MIdwife Meeting #1-possibly my last!

Today's meeting with my first prospective midwife went so much better than expected. I am still giddy and warm inside from how much I connected with this woman!

She became a midwife after having a negative experience birthing her daughter in the hospital and she has been advocating for women's rights ever since. She is vegan which is just the best news ever, I thought it'd be impossible for me to find a vegan midwife. In fact, that was my Hubby's only requirement! She only takes on a handful of clients at a time so that she is always available to them and she just relocated within walking distance of where I live. How perfect is that?!

She's willing to work with me while I wait for my insurance to go through which is great because I am extremely eager to make the switch. She seemed to really click with me too and at one point even said I had balls and that I would do great in my pregnancy. I am telling you, I love this woman!

I will still meet with at least 2 more midwives because that is what logic dictates and Hubby won't have it any other way. Plus I learned that she isn't a package deal so I'll also have to start searching for a doula and that might be an out of pocket cost for sure.

All in all it was a gorgeous spring day to spend walking around in Manhattan with dreams of the blissful, peaceful natural birth that I want at home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment